Salam to all my new students and the rest of the long life knowledge seekers. Since PPSMI is abolished, may I write in Malay? I love the language. Maybe we’ll decide after our first meeting today at 3pm Makmal 1, FPPEND.
Actually today will be my first come back to the teaching world in FPEND – huhu, sounds tragic yeah? Well, at least it manage to pumps up my adrenalin and drove my anxiety level to the red spot.
Now, let me divide and conquer the task. First and foremost, all Praise be to the Lord Almighty who makes all things possible even when there is no way out.
Second you will need a course outline, which i presumed have been uploaded into the LMS by the coordinator of this course Dr. Siti (BM) and Dr. Azah (BI). I have yet been registered to the new LMS, if you are, maybe you can guide me or we can explore together. But first I will need some kind of guidelines or at least URL for the new system.
Now let’s see what is the learning outcome need to be completed this week.
Berkeupayaan mendaftar dan menggunakan pelbagai perisian web 2.0
ok, that’s manageable. now let’s look at the topic to be covered this week
- Penggunaan dan pendaftaran: Sistem Pengurusan dan Pembelajaran Interaktif (SPIN) UKM
- Pendaftaran Emel & Group, Blog, Facebook
- Forum Maya
That’s cool. Ok then we’ll start class activities as follows:
1. For those who have not yet registered to SPIN, yahoo or gmail, let’s do so. Those who already have an account with yahoo or gmail and already registered to SPIN, let’s help our friends so we can proceed to the next activity.
2. now that you already have a yahoo or gmail account, go to the Facebook site at http://www.facebook.com/. Fill up your profile, only info you would like to share then search for your teacher and at least 3-7 other friends.
3. write a meaningful reflection on your wall and maybe a line or two on your teacher’s FB.
4. now you are done with the FB activity (second activity for this week), let’s proceed to the third and final activity for the week that is “Forum Maya” or the virtual forum.
5. type the URL of your teacher’s blog – https://rosseni.wordpress.com
6. browse through and get a grasps on the design of an educational blog.
7. at the top of the blog there are a few clickable folders. Click on e-course to learn more about blogging.
8. read, reflect, suggest or throw in any question on just about anything about registering and starting a blog.
9. discuss about wordpress or blogspot. search for the post in this blog. which one would you like as a platform for your blog? or if you already have one and would like to continue, let’s share how you would go about making it suit the requirement for this course and how do you think the platform you use suits your personal and educational needs.
10. i guess we are done for this week then. as to the registration of SPIN, if no one is registered to the system yet, give me a couple days to find out and explore the system and register myself then i will make a post of how to accomplish that task so we will be completely done with all the task required for week 1 in order to achieve learning goal 1.
Till then, all the best.